Call us today! (866) GET-HOPE(866) 438-4673

100% Victory

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”

1 Corinthians 10:13

90% of your circumstances are the result of your thinking. The other 10% is random chance. It’s the bad stuff that happens and things that we don’t expect. But our ability to endure those things with victory is 100% going to be based on our thinking. Do you want to change your thoughts? Then you want to change your world. Do you want to change your world? Change your thoughts. If you change one bad thought into a good thought today, you will be in a very, very different place five years from now. Isn’t that good news? Although none of us are perfect and none of us are going to tend to perfect thoughts, the good news is that we have the power to change our destiny. Our destiny is the result of our thinking. You know a thought cannot be kept secret, right? Every thought you have crystallizes into habit, and that habit solidifies into circumstance.

Prayer


Help me, God, to take my thoughts captive for you.

Reflection


Have you seen your life flourish when you train your thoughts to focus on God?

One thought on “100% Victory

  1. Steve Halstead says:

    I have been following the writings of Norman Vincent Peale and your grandfather for many years. I do understand that our moods and motivations come from our attitude and thoughts. However, you are being quite bold to state that 90% of our circumstances are the result of our thinking and 10% are random. Where did you get his idea/information. Is this found in the scriptures some place that I have not read? Personally I believe that you are not giving God (the Holy Spirit) enough credit in your devotional pieces or in your preaching. My wife and I watch the services each week as well as attend our home church in Dover, Delaware. Last week I was visiting an elderly relative and could not watch but my grandson, a very mature 18 year old devoted Christian young man was watching with my wife. Both of them were very troubled by your “humanist-like” approach to faith.
    All I would say is to be very careful that you do not give man credit for the many wonderful things that happen in life. In all things we should be giving God the glory, praise and thanksgiving. And that includes for our thoughts as well. One of my most fervent prayers to have the desire and the inspiration to do what the Lord wants me to do in this life…including the thoughts that go along with this blessing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *