Shepherd’s Grove is a dynamic local church with a compelling global mission. We’re dedicated to creating happy and whole students of Jesus Christ—regardless of age, culture, or spiritual background. Shepherd’s Grove is renown as the epicenter of The Hour of Power ministry, which continues to lead this thriving legacy ministry to impact lives worldwide.
This intergenerational congregation meets weekly in its new Irvine, CA venue, a location that draws in local neighbors and guests from around the globe that God has impacted through its ministries. While Shepherd’s Grove does broadcast The Hour of Power live each Sunday, the excellent worship and solid biblical teaching isn’t just for all the world, it’s for all who come through the doors of this local church and call it home.
This is also an incredible opportunity for a new Director of Student Ministries as the church shares a parking lot with a local high school.
About the Role:
This position is expected to be a relational, vibrant leader who oversees Student Ministries (grades 7-12).
The Role Will:
- Create a cohesive student ministry in line with the mission, vision, and values of SGPC.
- Intentionally seek out students and be actively engaged in their lives.
- Provide creative, discipleship focused programming for Junior and Senior High Students, including confirmation.
- Recruit and equip adult leaders.
- Lead and provide administrative oversight for special events.
- Create a balance in the ministry between outreach/evangelism and discipleship.
- Provide students with opportunities for students to serve and practice justice.
- Oversee scheduling and planning of summer/winter trips.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Provide ministry reports as requested.
- Have other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2 years of relevant youth ministry experience.
Personal Characteristics & Skills:
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Understanding of/sensitivity to the issues impacting students in today’s culture.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrate large group teaching and public speaking skills.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.